Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This is my first official "Blog" post. I have resisted blogging because I cannot stand the word "Blog" but I need a way to keep in touch with my family and friends and I would like a journal for my family to have so here I am.
This week I decided to remodel my bathroom, the small one downstairs. It started because I tripped over the vinyl that was coming up one too many times so I just ripped it out with my hand. then the toilet sort of tipped so then I went to Home Depot and now I have everything out of the bathroom. I painted the ceiling, walls, smashed out the ceramic tile (and let the girls do it as well) and had to put up new sheetrock. I guess a prybar works better than actually smashing out the tile... Hope to be done in about 4 more days. It should look great!
I have been working about 2-3 hours a day since May. Prior to that I had about a 9 month reprieve from work. Now the slides mostly come on the computer and I view them "virtually" which is really amazing and fun. If I can figure out how to do it I will add a photomicrograph to this Blog.
Well, that is enough for the first time, I will see what happens now, don't want to have it all erased...

1 comment:

  1. I did that with a bathroom once. I started ripping wall paper off so I could paint and surprise my mom. In the end the walls had to be re-textured and then painted professionally. I'm thrilled that you're blogging! Thanks for sending me the link.

    ReplyDelete